The Milky Way by Mike Busby's School of Photography

So, I was schooled last night on the Milky Way. I've known where the center of Milky Way is, but only in reference to the white star clouds located by the "horns."

The star marked in purple is the center of our universe. The star itself showed up purple, but the markings is me highlighting the area I'm talking about.

Milky Way by Mike Busby's School of Photography



Last night, my friend told me there is a purple "star" within the cluster that marks the center. It's actually the Lagoon Nebula and it showed up on the camera last night. It's not the center, but 20,000 light years directly beyond it is Sagittarius A. And Sagittarius A is the center of the Milky and home to what is believed to be a super massive Blackhole.

I'm not 100% on this, and there's a lot debate and controversy all this stuff, but this layman, with a camera on a clear night, will classify it as "Cool." 

The bright lights to the left is Spokane which isn't all that far away.

Mike

Busbywc.com

Comments

Popular Posts