Gallery - The One Tree Collection - Photographs by Mike Busby

The One Tree Collection

One Tree - Vivid - © 2015 Mike Busby

I like shooting to larger themes, and I like creating places of reflection.  Most of us have a good grasp on life, but there is so much we pass by, and there are so many petty distractions that keep us trenched in the mundane aspects of life.

One Tree - Red - © 2015 Mike Busby

It’s our nature to affirm what we think we know, and we tend to look for it.  It’s not a conspiracy, or some power group trying to condition us – it’s just our nature. I’m attempting to find what I don’t know, and then expand my horizons by exploring something new. 


One Tree - Old Tree - © 2015 Mike Busby

Places of reflection move us from the noise of the public sphere, and clarity comes to mind when we are alone. More importantly, reflection allows us to draw our own conclusions without consideration of what is necessarily right or wrong – We just get to ponder towards what works for us.      

One Tree - Ruby Beach - © 2015 Mike Busby

These images were captured with an infrared camera and then processed to enhance their beauty.  I’m not trying to convey what I saw – I’m trying to convey what I think is extraordinarily cool, and with any luck, I’m creating spaces for the viewer to reflect as well.

One Tree - Dark Tree - © 2015 Mike Busby


I’m asked all the time how I process my images.  The reality is photographing and processing are just semantics. The hardest part is stepping up and exploring what one wants in the face of convention and the limiting notions of truth. Interestingly enough, these thoughts apply to most jobs.  There are the technical aspects of a job, but the real rewards happen when people step into themselves and explore their world on their terms.

Comments

  1. Inspiring me to explore the world on my terms. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts